Tai Chi + Chi Gung
Bod-E-Work T'ai Chi Ch'uan with David Nelson teaches the original thirteen movements form which includes eight movements done in five directions, as well as twenty-four movement short form and various Chi gong movements.
T'ai Chi Ch'uan is a martial art based on principles of physiology, psychology and health promotion. It is a process of the mind focusing on the body in order to cultivate relaxation so all the body parts are integrated and one can move in a controlled fluid manner.
Functions and Benefits of T'ai Chi Chuan and Chi Gung incude...
- Make the mind as still, quiet, and stable as possible.
- Bring all the internal connections between the various body parts and the mind into operation.
- Raise the efficiency of the internal organs
Open up the spine and all the joints of the body.
- Promote healing and prevent injuries by increasing awareness of the body limitations.
- Restore balance to body and mind, reduce stress, and create a sense of well being.